Francis J. Scott
Francis Scott has been practicing law in the Western Pennsylvania area since 1988. He has practiced in the areas of Workers' Compensation and General Civil litigation. For several of those years, Francis represented insurance carriers in litigation matters. A partial listing of clients includes: CNA; Maryland Insurance; Zurich; Universal Underwriters; Kemper; Federal Kemper; Rockwood; S.W.I.F.; Nationwide and The Hartford. For the past five years, Francis has focused on representing injured workers in Workers' Compensation cases. He brings his 15 years of experience to Mitchell H. Dugan, Attorney At Law, to help clients get the benefits they may be entitled to.
Francis graduated from Duquesne University School of Law in 1988. He worked in hospitals as a Radiologic Technologist from 1978 to 1985 and served as part-time supervisor of a Cardiology Department during that time. He makes use of this medical background when reviewing medical records and conducting medical depositions.
Francis is a member of the American Bar Association, The Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Allegheny County Bar Association. He is licensed to practice in the Pennsylvania State Courts as well as in the Eastern District and Western District Federal Courts. He serves as Councilman for Baldwin Borough and was formerly the Chairman of the borough's Zoning Hearing Board. He is also President of the South Hill Industrial Development Corporation.
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation
- General Civil litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - 1988
- Maryland Insurance
- Universal Underwriters
- Federal Kemper
- The Hartford
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Zoning Hearing Board, Chairman
- South Hill Industrial Development Corporation, President