Dugan & Associates, P.C.
No Recovery - No FeeFree Consultation
Serving all of Western Pennsylvania
Local: 412-353-3572 Toll Free: 888-99-D-U-G-A-N Toll Free: 888-99-D-U-G-A-N

Workplace Deaths | Workers Injury | Dugan & Associates

The Unfortunate Truth About Workplace Accidents 

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2012 was one of Pennsylvania's safest years on recent record in regard to the frequency of workplace accidents and fatalities. A preliminary report shows that 163 deaths occurred in 2012, which is a decrease from the 186 deaths reported in 2011 and a significant contrast from the high of 354 in 1994.

About 60 percent of all workplace accidents and fatalities occurred within the categories of transportation incidents and contact with objects and equipment. The other 40 percent of fatalities were caused by slips, trips and falls, and other miscellaneous workplace accidents. The amount of fatalities due to transportation is expected to increase once more data has been processed.

Out of all industries listed in the report, the majority of fatalities occurred in the construction sector. The transportation, warehousing, agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting sector is reported as having the second-highest amount of fatalities. Around 91 percent of all fatal injuries were suffered by men, and 58 percent of fatally injured workers were between the ages of 25 and 54.

Most workers in Pennsylvania are provided workers' compensation by their employer. By filing a claim and supplying sufficient evidence of an ailment caused by the workplace environment or a specific workplace accident, employees will generally obtain proper compensation. In certain situations, a disabled worker might find that the amount of recompense to be awarded is insufficient. If this is the case, a legal representative may be able to assist in ensuring that their client receives the maximum benefits possible.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Pittsburgh Office
4 West Manilla Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15220

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 412-922-0800
Pittsburgh Law Office Map

Beaver County Office
2002 McMinn St.
Aliquippa, PA 15001

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-775-7372
Aliquippa Law Office Map

North Hills
6400 Brooktree Ct.
Wexford, PA 15090

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-933-0133
Wexford Law Office Map

Butler County
2009 Mackenzie Way
Suite 100
Cranberry Twp, PA 16066

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-283-7063
Cranberry Twp Law Office Map

400 Penn Center Blvd.
Suite 101
Monroeville, PA 15232

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 412-261-1129

Westmoreland County
101 N. Main St.
Suite 104 - A
Greensburg, PA 15601

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-836-7454

Washington County
2400 Ansys Dr.
Suite 102
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-743-0463
Canonsburg Law Office Map

Serving all of Western Pennsylvania Free Consultation