Dugan & Associates, P.C.
No Recovery - No Fee Free Consultation
Serving all of Western Pennsylvania
Local: 412-353-3572 Toll Free: 888-9-9-D-U-G-A-N Toll Free: 888-9-9-D-U-G-A-N

March 2016 Archives

Hurt at Work, Work Injury, Workers' Compensation Now What

Get Hurt at Work and suffer a Work Injury and you think you're supposed to get Workers' Compensation. Rarely anymore does it feel like things go like they should. That's where attorney Mitch Dugan and his team of staff and attorneys at Dugan & Associates come in. There are two basic scenarios to keep in mind with a Work Injury that we see frequently. 1. Get hurt work and they won't pay or 2. Get hurt at work and you get paid for a time and now they don't want to pay. At our office there is No fee unless you get the money or benefits you deserve.

Car Accident Limited Tort or Full Tort

If you are in a Car Accident and you are injured due to someone else's fault or negligence you want to make sure you have coverage to protect you and your loved ones. Knowing what insurance coverage you have is the difference between sleeping at night or not. For questions regarding coverage or if you are hurt in a car crash or car accident contact Dugan & Associates, Lawyers Representing Injured People 1-888-99-D-U-G-A-N (1-888-993-8426). Here's what you need to know.

Workers' compensation for the self-employed

Workers' compensation insurance is purchased by employers for the benefit of employees. So, what happens if you are self-employed or an independent contractor? Many construction workers are subcontractors or independent from the general contractor and so are not protected by workers' compensation purchased by the general contractor. Are these subcontractors out of luck? What options are available to them? This article will go over those options and how you can protect yourself as an independent contractor.

Some safety tips for workers this winter, pt. 3

Spring is in the air. However, as demonstrated by the cold snap last week, winter is still rearing its head. Working outside is generally more dangerous than working inside. That danger is magnified in the winter, when you must contend with the elements, including snow, sleet, rain, slippery surfaces and all manner of safety hazards. As discussed in a prior article, the CDC composed a list of the most common winter injuries and how to identify and treat them. This article is the final installment of that series and will discuss chilblains and trench foot.

Hurt at Work Injury Lump Sum Settlements

Have a Work Injury? Hurt at Work? Interested in a Lump Sum Settlement? At Dugan & Associates, Lawyers Representing Injured People, Mitch Dugan and his team of attorneys and staff work hard to bring your case to a quick and efficient resolution to get as much as they can as fast as they can to help you move on with your life. If your case doesn't settle for one reason or another they know the system, they know the law, they have experience and will fight hard to get you the money and result you deserve. They Get Results? That's why if you suffer a work injury Mitch Dugan says "We fight for the check you deserve!"

Assistance if you become disabled due to an injury

The Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (or "OVR") provides services and connections to a network to help persons with disabilities manage their impediments and return to work. You must apply to the program to be eligible. Once you are accepted, you are assisted on an individualized basis through a combination of in-house and network providers. This article will go over the OVR and how it may help you after you are injured on the job.

Workers' compensation for federal employees

Federal employees, as you are probably well aware, exist in a parallel universe of corresponding benefits. Among those parallel benefits is an alternative workers' compensation system. The Division of Federal Employees' Compensation (or "DFEC") administers the Federal Employees' Compensation Act (or "FECA"), which outlines the federal workers' compensation system. DFEC handles the entire process from intake of new claims, approval, and disbursement of monies and adjudication of disputes. DFEC is represented in 13 offices, including the national headquarters in Washington D.C. This article will go over the process of how to file a claim with DFEC.

Work Injury Best Lawyer Workers' Compensation

Best Lawyer Work Injury contact Dugan & Associates. Attorney Mitch Dugan of Dugan & Associates, Lawyers Representing Injured People, has been named as Best Lawyer from Best Lawyers inc. A Separate Wholly independent company that evaluates attorneys through a meticulous verification process. If you are hurt in an accident, injured in a car accident, suffer a work injury, or have questions about workers' compensation contact Mitch Dugan of Dugan and Associates. He has the experience and he gets results. Let him get to work for you and put he and his team of attorneys and staff on your side.

What happens if your claim is disputed?

There are a variety of workers' compensation programs that exist to provide for workers who have been injured. These programs act as parallel compensation plans besides your employer's insurance and state agencies. But, what happens if a dispute arises? This article will explore the administrative law judges and how they impact your case.

Some safety tips for workers this winter, pt. 2

Working outside in the winter is always a little dangerous. There are slick ladder rungs, slippery floors and biting cold. As discussed in a prior article, working outside during the winter is fraught with dangers. Not to mention the ongoing El Nino pattern that's resulting in more extreme weather. It seems like there are record-breaking winter storms every year. This article will expand on the safety tips outlined in the previous post.

Workers' Compensation Lump Sum Settlements

Interested in a Workers' Compensation Lump Sum Settlement then contact Dugan & Associates, Lawyers Representing Injured People. Put our team of staff and attorneys on your side. We work hard to make the process as easy, simple and smooth as possible by trying to negotiate a lump sum settlement on your behalf. We settle Workers Compensation cases and Personal Injury cases for lump sum settlements. We are able to get our clients lump sum settlements and we do so on almost on a daily basis. People contact Dugan and associates because they know they can trust our firm to get them a lump sum settlement. We want to help you get the fair and just compensation you deserve and allow you to get on with your life as much as possible.

How to file a claim if you are an injured harbor worker

Longshore and harbor workers are protected by a special federal law called the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act. This law provides a parallel workers' compensation system through the federal government. You file claims with the Division of the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation, also referred to as DLHWC.

Pittsburgh Office
4 West Manilla Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15220

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 412-922-0800
Fax: 412-922-0801
Pittsburgh Law Office Map

Beaver County Office
2002 McMinn St.
Aliquippa, PA 15001

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-775-7372
Aliquippa Law Office Map

North Hills
6400 Brooktree Ct.
Wexford, PA 15090

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-933-0133
Wexford Law Office Map

Butler County
125 Warrendale-Bayle Rd
Warrendale, PA 15086

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-283-7063
Map & Directions

400 Penn Center Blvd.
Suite 101
Monroeville, PA 15232

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 412-261-1129
Map & Directions

Westmoreland County
101 N. Main St.
Suite 104 - A
Greensburg, PA 15601

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-836-7454
Greensburg Law Office Map

Washington County
2400 Ansys Dr.
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-743-0463
Canonsburg Law Office Map

Serving all of Western Pennsylvania Free Consultation

March 2016 Archives | Pittsburgh Workers' Compensation Law Blog a