Dugan & Associates, P.C.
No Recovery - No FeeFree Consultation
Serving all of Western Pennsylvania
Local: 412-353-3572 Toll Free: 888-99-D-U-G-A-N Toll Free: 888-99-D-U-G-A-N

How to get compensation for your injuries

After a catastrophic construction accident, you may not be able to continue in your previous role and you may have difficulty finding work. You are probably bombarded with never-ending bills for medical expenses and other related costs. You might still be in pain. You will most likely be worried about how you will afford your new lifestyle and take care of your family.

You may get workers' compensation, but that will not cover all your medical expenses and your illness is not going to miraculously disappear. You might want to consider filing a third party personal injury claim for negligence, suing the manufacturer of the equipment, or your employer if it was a case of negligence on their part.

In a third party compensation, you will likely get more money than you will get with workers' compensation. Your third party claim will come in addition to your workers' compensation. The additional money can help you pay for your past and future medical bills including prescriptions and medication expenses. Paying off a large sum of money will reduce the emotional turmoil over the accident. This will help alleviate your emotional distress. To prove you have a third-party claim, you would have to prove the following:

  • The liable party (manufacturer) owed you a duty of care.
  • The responsible manufacturer failed to perform their duty of care.
  • You suffered an injury.
  • The harm was caused by the failure of that duty of care.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a work-related accident that has caused you permanent disability, you may want to hire an experienced attorney who can help you fight your case and get you the third party personal claim you deserve.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Pittsburgh Office
4 West Manilla Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15220

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 412-922-0800
Pittsburgh Law Office Map

Beaver County Office
2002 McMinn St.
Aliquippa, PA 15001

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-775-7372
Aliquippa Law Office Map

North Hills
6400 Brooktree Ct.
Wexford, PA 15090

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-933-0133
Wexford Law Office Map

Butler County
2009 Mackenzie Way
Suite 100
Cranberry Twp, PA 16066

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-283-7063
Cranberry Twp Law Office Map

400 Penn Center Blvd.
Suite 101
Monroeville, PA 15232

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 412-261-1129

Westmoreland County
101 N. Main St.
Suite 104 - A
Greensburg, PA 15601

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-836-7454

Washington County
2400 Ansys Dr.
Suite 102
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Phone: 412-353-3572
Phone: 724-743-0463
Canonsburg Law Office Map

Serving all of Western Pennsylvania Free Consultation