How to get compensation for your injuries

After a catastrophic construction accident, you may not be able to continue in your previous role and you may have difficulty finding work. You are probably bombarded with never-ending bills for medical expenses and other related costs. You might still be in pain. You will most likely be worried about how you will afford your new lifestyle and take care of your family.

You may get workers' compensation, but that will not cover all your medical expenses and your illness is not going to miraculously disappear. You might want to consider filing a third party personal injury claim for negligence, suing the manufacturer of the equipment, or your employer if it was a case of negligence on their part.

In a third party compensation, you will likely get more money than you will get with workers' compensation. Your third party claim will come in addition to your workers' compensation. The additional money can help you pay for your past and future medical bills including prescriptions and medication expenses. Paying off a large sum of money will reduce the emotional turmoil over the accident. This will help alleviate your emotional distress. To prove you have a third-party claim, you would have to prove the following:

  • The liable party (manufacturer) owed you a duty of care.
  • The responsible manufacturer failed to perform their duty of care.
  • You suffered an injury.
  • The harm was caused by the failure of that duty of care.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a work-related accident that has caused you permanent disability, you may want to hire an experienced attorney who can help you fight your case and get you the third party personal claim you deserve.

Think you have a workers’ compensation case?

Contact us

"*" indicates required fields

One of our attorneys will review your case within 24 hours and we will reach out with the next steps